Constant sleep denial could be detrimental to your overall health and well being. It could lead to both short and long-term health challenges. Figure out the best sleep solution that suits you best.
Sleep Deprivation Health Dangers You Over-Look!
According to Dr. Erik St Louis, co-director of the Mayo Centre for Sleep Medicine in Rochester, New York, in the United States, getting seven to eight hours of good sleep per night is essential for a healthy body and mind.
Quality sleep wash away toxins that accumulate in the brain while we are awake. These toxins have the ability to damage the brain; Researchers said.
Constant sleep denial aids obesity and hypertension, especially during youths and at middle age. Again lack of sleep obstructs proper aging- both mentally and physically.
Good sleep protects you against diseases such as Alzheimer’s and other age-related diseases. It also prevents much facial aging and other toning issues. Quality sleep adds to your beauty.
Sleep hygiene is one among many other hygiene you should adopt. Sadly, many do not consider it serious thus they end up having poor sleep quality. Sleep, however, should be adapted to the needs and circumstances of each individual. Yet there exist some fundamentals you shouldn’t ignore.
– Fix both your bedtime and waking time and stick to it.
– Minimize your daytime naps to 40 minutes at least
– Do not take alcohol or smoke at least four hours before bed.
– Stay away from caffeine even in tea or cold drinks six hours before bed.
– Do not eat heavy, spicy and sugary foods two hours close to bedtime
– Get a quality mattress and pillow.
– Ventilate your room and keep it at a comfortable temperature.
– Avoid all unwanted sound and if possible, turn the light off.
Sleeping on a quality mattress keeps you comfortable. Cheap mattresses cost less. However, you will pay the difference in price through constant discomfort and loss of sleep.